Saturday, April 12, 2008

My 1999 Love

How should i start myself..............

This is one of the guy in my life.

I get to know this guy of mine when i m in Secondary school.
We r from the same CCA ( Chinese Orchestra) and he is one year my senior.
Let me name this special guy in my life as Hao.

Hao was a tall guy. I always like guy that is taller than me then i will feel secure with them.

In 1998, i m selected to participar in Chinese Orchestra competition named SYF (Singapore youth festival).
As the instrument that i m playing is a very troublesome instrument. It is the Tympani and there are four of them(very big and bulky drum). Usually after training session u will need to take additional 10-15 min to keep n cover the drum. As most of the members will just pack their own stuff and walk home., This guy Hao will assist me to keep the drum in good order. The cover for the drum is pretty dusty too despite that I felt touched by his gesture.

Every training session is a happy day for me.
I remember 1998 Xmas day, I received a voicemail in my pager
( Last time a pager already very good) from Hao. In the middle of the night i actually tried to wake up and try my luck to call in Singtel to listen to the message. During festival the line r difficult to get throught. I tried my luck and was only able to get throught after numberous tries ( at least 50 times I think). The
message was to greet me a Merry Xmas.
I was so happy and at that time i tell myself i had feeling for this guy.

We had a good start and we move on further by communicating throught the phone almost every night.
After Xmas and it is time for School reopen.
I can remember that being a school prefect Hao needs to be in school earlier than the rest of the classmate, therefore i will always find excuse to be in school earlier too.
Despite that i m staying quite far from the school, i will be glad to be in school as earlier as possible.
I do not know whether that is call puppy love or what but it is one of my favourite and happiest moment in the life even till today while thinking back.

Every year, school will organise Cross country and all students from all levels will need to take part regardless of all CCA.
That year my school had organise it in the East Coast park.
Hao and I decided to meet at Bedok Interchange to take bus no 197.
That day both of us was late.
As we do not have a Hp , we r unable to contact each other.
I reach Bedok Interchange first and i tot Hao might had leave without me, therfore i boarded a bus.
Suddenly my instinct tells me to get off the bus as Hao will denfinetly still waiting or coming to meet me.
Therefore i press the stop bus bell to the bus driver and ignoring that i might be late for the event.
True enough, once i got down from the bus I saw Hao.

I pray and thanks to God for the signal.

We waited for another bus and we climb up to the second floor of the bus not knowing that the whole bus is full of our known school mates .
We just went to grab the front seat and shortly after the bus move off we heard alot of cheering sound behind.
I can still remember that when our bus stop at a traffic light next to another bus also full of our school mate .
Everyone is there teasing us.
They were all laughing at the two of us.
Both of us blushed like a red tomoto. I can always remember his CK perfume smell too.

While at the event, all students will need to get ready for the 4.8km run/walk.
As Hao is the prefect he do not need to run/jog.
I handed him my bag for him to help me look after as it is very troublesome to run with a bag. All of a sudden, I saw alot of ppl handing their bags to him too. (Ppl tot that he is in charge of looking after our bags).
How he can handle more than 100 over bags..
It is so funny to see his expression that time.
Although Prefect do not need to run, eventually they will still need to find their ways to walk/run/jog/crawl to reach the destination.
With 100 over bags u can imagine how Hao can move.
Luckily enough My principal Mr Goh (the best principal on earth) assisted and volunteer to use his car to chaffuer both Hao and the 100 overs bag.
Of cos my bag is in good care by Hao.

We always send message to one another by using numberic like 512 as Wo ai ni and we uses code like 99 as HAo Hao and 00 as Ling Ling.
Although we r not very rich, i think that is a happy moment for me.
I can still remember we promise each other to visit Sydney Australia in June 1999.
But that never came.

We agreed to join the tour organise by the school to australia and i was so happy and waiting for the school to confirm my attendance.
It is also near Valentine and i told myself that i will get Hao a CK jacket as Australia will be in winter time in June.

I never had the chance to get him the jacket.

I do not know what happen and how can a happy couple or rather happy friend can break up in a day.
All i know was HE IS IN LOVE WITH A GAL WHO share the same birthday as me.
That few days was the most saddest moment in my life.
I cried and i cant even eat or drink.
Whenever i closes my eye my mind is with Hao.
I had already plan our Valentine day and all the things to bring to Australia.
Worse still this gal is still in the same class as me.
How can u react or feel when ur love one is with another ppl who is so near to u.

I remember that this gal is wearing a present from Hao.
It suppose to be mine.
I know that i cant blame this girl but I really do not know why ??
Hao dated with this gal for several month and they broke off shortly too.

After the SYF competition is over I do not have the chance to see or to get any excuse to get near to Hao.

I flew to Australia alone with the rest of the schoolmate ( i do not know any other of them).
I keep thinking why is it so that Hao is not here with me . I know that i might be very difficult to be please or i might be very fierce but in the first place WHY u wanna come n invade my life and ended it shortly for 2 times that hurt me so pain.

After i came back from Australia, i need to go back to school regularly despite being having school holiday.
I went for a leadership camp and while waiting for the rest of the student i decided to go for a short break. i climb from the fourth floor to make my way down to the ground floor and there I saw Hao. Hao was rushing or rather i say going for a revision class. ( He is taking O level that year) We greet one another and i knew my feeling towards him is still there. No joke abt this feeling.

Every time i saw him or heard his voice i can be happy for the rest of the day.

No comments: